• July 4: The Lego Batman Movie (RSVP on Facebook)
• July 11: The Goonies (RSVP on Facebook)
• July 18: Toy Story (RSVP on Facebook)
• July 25: National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983) (RSVP on Facebook)
• Aug. 1: Disney’s Beauty and the Beast (1991) Sing-Along (RSVP on Facebook)
• Aug. 8: Jaws (RSVP on Facebook)
• Aug. 15: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (RSVP on Facebook)
• Aug. 22: Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (RSVP on Facebook)
The outdoor movies at Stanley Park’s Second Beach will run each Tuesday evening from July 4 to Aug. 22. Films are weather permitting and begin after sunset. Up to 5,000 can be accommodated on the grand lawn where the inflatable screen is set up.
The movies and general seating are free and require only that you get to the park early enough to stake out a small square of land for you and your beach blanket. Cycling, walking and transit have been the easiest ways to get in and out of Second Beach for the events in past years.
Gold Circle VIP tickets are also on sale now for $21 each. The tickets offer high-rollers the ability to stroll right up to the movie and enjoy the flick from the comfort of a lawn chair set up in a roped-off section with premium views of the screen.
Food trucks are usually on hand, providing fare ranging from poutine to popcorn.
Fresh Air Cinema, billed as “the outdoor movie company,” also hosts outdoor film in other cities throughout the Metro Vancouver region. Other screenings already announced include the 1984 Ghostbusters in North Vancouver on June 10, and the latest reboot of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast in Burnaby on June 17.
Source: Vancouver Sun